The Roadmap to Automated Electric Shuttles in Public Transport publication series provides collectively written key lessons learned during the project Sohjoa Baltic (2017-2020).
Each of five volume in this series has its own focal point:
- The Legal Framework (PDF), publisher: IKEM.de What is the current legal status of automated driving in different European countries of the Baltic Sea Region? Sohjoa Baltic presents the relevant legal information for implementation and provides policy recommendations for the future.
- Technology and safety requirements (PDF) What are the current relevant technological and safety challenges to be taken into consideration in the implementation of automated shuttle buses? Sohjoa Baltic provides information from Germany, Denmark, Poland, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, and Latvia.
- Starting Your Own Pilot (PDF) How to deploy an automated vehicle pilot in a city? Sohjoa Baltic provides a practical toolkit with recommendations based on the practical experiences from automated shuttle bus pilots in Norway, Poland, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Denmark.
- Procurement Challenges (PDF) What are the barriers and enablers of autonomous vehicle procurement in public transportation? The experiences of Sohjoa Baltic’s automated shuttle bus pilots in Estonia, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Norway and Poland describe the complexity.
- Sohjoa Baltic User experience and impact on public transport (PDF) How and why should cities prepare to implement automated public transport? What is the role of automated shuttle buses? Sohjoa Baltic provides views based on experiences from pilots in Norway, Poland, Finland and Estonia.